Sunday 5 July 2009

Little Red Stitches

Hey all,
It feels like its been such a long time since I last blogged. things have been so hectic with the house move and it feels like I've got a million and one things to sort out everyday but I'm getting there slowly but surely.

just as we were starting to move I had started on a new little knitting project which was a nice change from making the animal patterns. I eventually finished the pattern last night and this is the result

It's little red riding hood accompanied by a Jelly Bum Wolf. So now I'm going to be splitting my time between creating the Jelly Bum animals and some fairy tale doll patterns for my new Etsy shop Little Red Stitches.

To be honest I've wanted to create some doll patterns for a while but finding a way to make the doll hair scared me off a bit. I prefer to knit the hair as a piece rather than having the yarn strands, so I've taken the plunge and decided to give it a go. I'm really pleased with the results and can't wait to get cracking on a few more dolls.

I'm also thinking about creating a new blog which is dedicated to helping with toy knitting. I'd add some videos to demonstrate some skills rewired for toy knitting such as mattress stitch, sewing limbs, attaching safety eyes etc. Let me know if you would be interested in this kind of thing and I'll try and get it set up.

Ok everyone have a lovely lazy Sunday, especially for my American visitors who may still be recovering from their July 4th celebrations. I'll be back soon with any updates.
Happy knitting
♥ Raynor

2 comments:

laurie said...

Oh yes, I think a video of toy knitting would be great. I think your little red riding hood is very cute. go for it...

Tina Peacock said...

I love your little red riding hood (one of my favourite fairytale characters!). I think the idea for your new blog sounds great, too! x